17 Dec How mobile app benefits your SaaS Business
The Software as a service (SaaS) application is ever-changing industry and newer developments are simplifying how we perform everyday activities. SaaS allows users to access information at any time and anywhere where internet connection is provided.
The SaaS is a model of software distribution. The unique feature of this pattern is that users rent the software on a monthly cost-per-usage basis instead of buying and implementing it. Also, users can scale up and down the scope of service if required.
The main advantage of SaaS or the cloud is that it allows buyers to pay an annual or monthly fee, thus allowing for a cost to be spread over a specified period instead of paying everything at once. Because of this, SaaS mobile app development is gradually becoming more famous. Moreover, SaaS app development cost depends on many factors.
Key features of successful Mobile Applications
Cloud-based SaaS mobile application development has features such as storage of data on various servers. SaaS business has just recently adopted applications for a portable device as a service that they provide. This has happened because for a long time apps were not considered as a primary source of revenue.
However, with the ever-growing number of customers demanding apps, SaaS business is now turning to applications as an additional way of making profits. The significant benefit of mobile apps is that they allow customers to still access vital data even if they are not in the office.
To stay in the competition, you have to ensure you build an application that will be both useful and affordable for your customers.
Key features of the great mobile app include the following…
It should have a useful purpose- it should be a product that can provide solutions to particular problems. If it fails to have a specific use then it will not be successful and will only end up being deleted.
- It should be created for a targeted audience, as an epitome, lawyers or healthcare professionals. This will give you the chance to have a successful app as it will be designed according to the requirements of the target audience you choose.
- For a useful app, it needs to be easy to use. Complex products usually cause customers to simple when you decide to make an app so that customers will find both innovative, useful, and easy to use.
- The App should be able to meet up with the needs of all your customers, whether it is for big or small business. That is why the main aim is to try to create an adaptable mobile app that will match up with the customer’s concerns and expectations.
- The successful mobile application will cause your customers. One way of ensuring you develop an app that will cause users to share a positive experience is by using the user-centered design. This just means using target audience while designing your product. You can test the application during the mobile SaaS app development to see if the features have been useful to customers.
Why make an App for SaaS Business
You may think, SaaS model also provide with web platform. So, why do I need an app for that but don’t rush to make a final decision? Even if you have a responsive website, it doesn’t replace a mobile app.
As we said at the beginning of the article, the number of mobile devices quickly extends, and the world itself is becoming more mobile. Providing your customers with an app you give them the authority to your service at any time, anywhere all over the world. Moreover, you be with your customer 24/7 and become an integral part of his business.
Your native app saves the client’s time to open the browser and navigate to the tasks. Instead of this, you can give them a custom app that meets the norm of their smartphones with UI/UX design and fast app performance.
Also, an app provides price-less mobile-centric involvement for the most loyal customers and spurs for new feature purchases to extend the experience.
SaaS mobile app development
Software as a service is used not only for desktop or laptop devices but also on different mobile devices. Sometimes the SaaS app can be used as a dashboard to provide reports for stakeholders. However, SaaS app can also act as a full-fledged independent player as it appeared with LinkedIn or Dropbox.
So, what is the difference between software as a Service application and stand-alone app?
- SaaS app does not need any desktop downloads. The user can access the service with direct download from the app store or computer using secure login.
- The typical monetization model of SaaS app development is a monthly fee that is based on users’ amount, storage capacity or other features. In stand-alone apps, the cost is determined per person and paid only once. Therefore, the SaaS model in the long term is more beneficial for the business in the long run.
- SaaS is perfect for a framework and allows all members of the group to interact with each other in real time. Stand-alone apps are not able to make sure users with back and forth communication.
- Mobile SaaS app development is based on cloud technologies. This means that complete information from all team members same as updates is stored in the cloud. With a stand-alone app, you need to export files to Dropbox, email or another service to share the information.
If we judging with trends, cloud-based SaaS app development became a favorite among enterprises. The increment of mobile devices usage had an enormous impact on this technology. Just think about the figures. Back in 2010 tablet devices usage was around $300 million in global app scale. In the year 2015, it was increased and reached $8.1 billion.
John McCarthy, the Forrester Research vice president had underlined the most significant advantage of SaaS apps in his report “App Internet”. It comes from the ability to work offline. John McCarthy even developed a new term “offline cloud apps”.
SaaS pros and Cons
Despite SaaS popularity, many questions and misconceptions are arises when you need to build this sort of application. However, to implement mobile apps for SaaS has become not a trivial question.
Your SaaS app development company should take into account the high performance of the app, ability to be multi-tendency, reconfigurability and most importantly, security issues. Likewise, another technology, software as a service deploying has its pros and cons.
Planning the revenue stream
SaaS monetization model is a monthly subscription. It means that as a businessman you can plan and predict proceeds that are based on the number of your SaaS app users and the number of services you provide.
Scaling the business
As your clients business grow, you don’t need to worry about scaling yours. The customer can only manage the monthly subscription according to his needs. No matter how big or small your clients business, he can always rely on your service because that is way cheaper and easier than to invest in in-house software licenses and server capacities.
Accessibility for customers
All your clients need to set up your SaaS app in a device. This makes merely SaaS particularly attractive and relieves vendor from unnecessary cares.
Even if something goes wrong with your servers, your customers can always go back to the previous backup log and get access to information from any device with internet connection.
SaaS has benefits both for entrepreneur and customers.
- Reduce time for deployment
- Lower risks
- Quicker access to the latest features
- An Absence of ongoing maintenance
- Low variable cost based on usage instead of upfront fixed cost.
- Revenue stream can be planted and predicted
- The customer can track software usage
- The need for maintaining a single code base
- Scaling helps to capture cost savings
Outages do happen with any service and technologies. The basic care of your engineers is to prevent them as thoroughly as possible. You need to think about technology and communication strategies in case of outages. Then even when an accident happens, you and your team will eliminate it with minimum customers and reputational loss.
Safety is always a number-one concern for any business, start-up or a private user. As a service provider, you need to protect sensitive data of clients. As the app solutions, engineers make the sure customer with multiple methods to protect a SaaS app.
Using apps for business is becoming more popular. The most significant advantage of using a mobile app is the fact it allows you to view crucial files or data from anywhere, at your comfort. Using a mobile app will increase efficiency and productivity within your business for Start-up Company or large company.
If you already use SaaS mobile apps for your business, then share your experience in the comment section…